Ravindra Paswan reaffirmed the protestors' commitment to dialogue, insisting on two core demands: a CBI probe into recruitment exam irregularities and the cancellation of the JSSC‑CGL exam. The state government has invited the agitating students for a fresh round of talks on August 17.
Key Takeaways
- Seventh round of talks set for August 17
- Two core demands: CBI probe and cancellation of JSSC‑CGL exam
- Six agitators continue hunger strike
Job aspirants in Jharkhand have entered the 24th day of protest against alleged irregularities in state recruitment exams. After a massive rally at Albert Ekka Chowk in Ranchi, the state government has offered a fresh dialogue session on August 17.
Background of the Talks
This will be the seventh meeting between the government and the students, following six rounds that failed to produce a breakthrough. Last week, protestors burned effigies of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Rahul Gandhi, and Tejashwi Yadav, accusing the JMM‑Congress alliance of inaction.
Core Demands
Leader of the JPSC‑JSSC Reforms Manch, Ravindra Paswan, reiterated two non‑negotiable demands: a CBI investigation into exam irregularities and the cancellation of the JSSC‑CGL exam. “We will definitely go for the talks as we want to resolve the issue through dialogue,” Paswan told reporters.
Why This Matters
BozokMedia analysis shows that unresolved grievances could push Jharkhand’s youth onto the streets in larger numbers, threatening both social order and economic stability.
"A transparent recruitment process is essential for public trust, and a CBI probe is the only credible way forward," says policy analyst Shashi Kumar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Has the government formally agreed to a CBI probe?
A: No formal agreement has been announced yet, but the issue remains central to the upcoming talks.
Q2: What will happen if the JSSC‑CGL exam is not cancelled?
A: Protestors have threatened a gherao (encirclement) of the Chief Minister’s residence, indicating a possible escalation.